Recently my good friend and fellow blogger Pearl of Tyburn nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. I was duly honored especially since I wasn’t anticipating something like this for a very long time. Here, then, are my answers to the questions:
1. What was your favorite childhood toy?
That feels like a very long time ago, but to pick just one, I would choose my beanie baby raccoon, Charlotte.
2. What is your favorite domesticated animal?
Probably rabbits–it’s a shame I developed an allergy to them.
3. Who is your favorite fictional/legendary character, and why?
I have to pick just one? Not fair. After consideration, I am nominating Faramir of Gondor from “The Lord of the Rings” because he is intelligent, honorable, decent, and good with a sword. Also, I have often considered myself to be the most like Eowyn, whom Faramir marries, so I hope that if God wants me to marry, I get a guy like Faramir.
4. Who is your favorite historical character, and why?
Probably Pharaoh Hatshepsut. She was the first female Pharaoh of Egypt, and her story is an interesting one, full of intrigue and suspense.
5. Who is your favorite saint/Bibilical character, and why?
Decisions, decisions…since you only asked for one, I’m going with Judith. She cut off the head of the Assyrian general. That’s pretty hardcore awesome.
6. What is your favorite type of music/musical group?
I listen to a lot of different genres as long as the singer can carry a tune in a bucket.
7. What is your favorite quote?
It varies from time to time, but my latest favorite quote is from Dr. Seuss: “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” Another quote worth mentioning came from a conversation with my dad once. We were listening to John Owen Jones, singer extraordinare, perform as the Phantom in “The Phantom of the Opera”, and my dad made a remark along the lines of “Yeah, there’s this guy, and then there’s everyone else, including Michael Crichton.” My response: “Michael Crawford, Dad. Michael Crichton is the guy who wrote ‘Jurassic Park’.”
8. What are your favorite meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert)?
I really don’t have a favorite. Sometimes lunch is my favorite; sometimes dinner is.
9. What is your favorite flower/plant?
A rose. I’m not sure why–it pretty much always has been.
10. When was a time you felt particularly inspired by something?
Recently I was watching “The Fellowship of the Ring”, and it inspired me to go work on a short story I’m writing called “Bart the Bard”. It’s meant to be a comic fairy tale.
11. What are some of the causes you feel are worth fighting for?
Hey, here’s an idea–let’s run the government according to the Constitution!
So those are my answers. Let the blogging games begin! “And may the odds be ever in your favor.” 😉