After the mostly successful release of an American Godzilla movie in 2014, Toho, the movie studio that made all of the original Godzilla movies, announced that they were going to release another Godzilla movie of their own. After Godzilla: Final Wars in 2004, Toho decided to stop making Godzilla movies, but the 2014 American version was so popular in Japan that they decided it would be worthwhile to resurrect the real Godzilla with Godzilla: Resurgence.
- Guy in a giant lizard suit? Check.
- Models of Japanese cities ripe for destruction? Check.
- Scenes of carnage and destruction? Check.
- Worried-looking people in suits and military uniforms? Check.
- Actors that I’m pretty certain have been in other Godzilla films and have probably been recast as completely different characters? Check.
- Tanks and planes loaded with missiles that we all know will be useless? Check.
Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe we have a genuine Godzilla movie on our hands.